We had our level 2 u/s at 19wks pregnant. Its the first time I've gone to the 'big ultrasound' without Dean. It was Tirzah and Zion's naptime so he stayed home with them and off I went. But the funniest thing happened...let me say first that I've never known of, or heard of, or thought of...anyone discovering a cleft lip/palate via ultrasound before. Things like Downs, Spina Bifita, etc are what comes to mind for what they are looking for as far as concerns. But when I layed back on the table I had a thought that was so loud and clear, I spun my head to see who said it...and it was this "your baby has a cleft". The ENTIRE ultrasound I was looking for the baby's face to see. OF course I could see nothing. Then the u/s tech suggest I go to the bathroom as I have too much fluid for her to get clear shots. I insist I don't have to go but she says I must. So I go, and come back and she tells me things are so much better (when in fact I didn't go to the bathroom at all!!!) so I'm finding this odd to say the least :) A few minutes later theres a knock on the door and in comes my OB doctor. He's chit chatting with me then says "I was called in because it looks like your baby has a cleft" I almost fell off the table!!! I looked at him and said "I knew that!!" he thought my story was intriguing!!!
Soo...I come home and Dean and I decide to take the kids out for lunch. As we sit down at the table I say "aren't you wondering why I wanted to go out for lunch", he completely forgot to even ask anything about the u/s. He looks at me and says "oh no, is something wrong??" :) I first say 'no' then tell him all what happened. We had decided to not find out the gender of this baby but had the u/s tech write it down and put it in an envelope...I had not looked at it. We talked and decided we would like to know and in a moment I won't forget...Dean opened it and showed me across the table :) BOY!!!! We were estatic! Here's his picture at 19wks, incredible!
Then started the journey through the rest of the pregnancy with sometimes bi-weekly ultrasounds. at 22wks pg it was clear via u/s at a maternal/fetal specialist that the palate was cleft as well. Our little boy was named immediately...Azlan Honor. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment