Our next appointment in Seattle is not til Nov.2.
Oh..I never mentioned in the last post...about his ear. Azlan has a little 'ear tag' on his right ear (same side as his cleft). I noticed it right aways when he was born and I was convinced he was deaf. Dean thought I was a little crazy but Azlan just never responded to noise the same as T and Z did. Well then I had it narrowed down to he was deaf in the right ear only b/c when I'd "SHHHHHHHHH" in his left ear he would quiet immediately but would not respond at all when I did it in his right. So when you get discharged from the hospital here in the US (learned its not so for Canada) every baby gets a hearing test. Azlan failed the test in his right ear but they said "ahhh its normal...come back in a wk or two and he'll probably pass" meanwhile it just confirmed my feelings that he simply cannot hear in that ear. So in Seattle when he was 12days old the pediatrician asked if he passed his hearing test in that ear. I said 'no, why?' she said "I don't even see an eardrum in that ear" Interesting. So I learn that an ear tag combined with a cleft can be very indicitive of a problem. Not only with the ear but also with the kidneys. (he has a scheduled ultrasound for his kidneys on Nov 2). Sooo...at 2 wks old I had his hearing test redone (all gunk would have been cleared out by that point) and he failed all 5 attempts. Once again...I'll be shocked if he can hear out of that ear and if the ped. was correct...he doesn't even have an ear drum there. So we have to get a full BAYER hearing test done hopefully in november, which will test if there is something missing in that ear etc. But he can hear...perfectly...out of one ear. So I'm happy.
Here's some pics of him at exactly 3wks old :)

No comments:
Post a Comment