Saturday, September 15, 2007
GOOD NEWS~!
We went to the Spokane ER last night at Sacred Heart Hospital. We were taken in IMMEDIATELY (what a nice change!) to see the doctor. It was daddy's first time to be with Azlan as he had blood taken and an IV put in (just in case). It took 3 tries...I could hear him screaming the whole time, I was in the play room with Tirzah and Zion :( His fever was 102 when we went in. The blood work came back very similar to what we had seen...wbc were 7500 lymphocytes 78%, and platelets almost normal at 210 I think. The doctor spoke with the Hematologist and she really felt strongly that it is a viral infection that hit him pretty hard. We asked about the bruising and she said yes it would have to hit him right to the bone marrow to affect that and clearly it did. Now he still has the fever so we will give it a few more days and then contact them again to see how long we should wait out the fever. It was unsettling to me again, I will admit but I'm more than happy to take the experts opinion that it is NOT Leukemia! It just seemed so odd that this would be viral but the Hematologist seemed quite convinced by his bloodwork that there is nothing serious going on. None of our children have had a fever for this long, so it definately seems odd. Thank you all for your support and prayers. We left there very thankful and hopeful that we can start enjoying a healthy little 1 yr old boy with no more hospital visits!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
When I got that news last night it was as if I won a million dollars, I cant begin to tell you the relief I felt,,,I went to bed relieved for the first time in weeks.. Prayers have been answered and God is so good..Love you baby,,You mean the world to Nana...XOXOXO
Post a Comment