Wednesday, September 12, 2007

could be nothing...could be nothing...could be nothing..

...right? I don't want to make it sound like I'm stressed out...somehow against my nature...I don't really get stressed out about all this. Its a good thing. We are just taking one day at a time..and NONE of us know what tomorrow holds...so you give it your best each day.

about noon today, I got Azlan up from his first nap and fed him lunch and then got everyone ready b/c we had to get some things at the mall. I remember thinking "he feels a little warm" but then again he just woke from a 2 hr nap...I forgot about it. Just got home and ready to put him down for nap#2 and his shirt was up and his belly felt warm....so I check him...fever of 102. Ok...called his doc and he wants him in the ER for bloodwork as its the only way to get the results back immediately. I decided to let him sleep as EVERY time I have taken him to the ER its at nap time and its hard on him to miss his nap. Soooo in a few hrs we'll go to the ER and see what his bloodwork looks like...

oh meant to say he has no symptoms. No ear infection symptoms, no runny nose, flu, etc etc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Janice-
I have been following Azlan's story since you were pregnant with him on Sheknows. (I had a baby in March). I tried to post to you on SK about his recent bloodwork, etc.., but have never posted there and getting my account set up wasn't working. Anyway, we live in Seattle, but two years ago moved from Spokane. I worked as a nurse on the Hematology/Oncology floor at Sacred Heart in Spokane. Are you being referred to Dr. Felgenhauer? If so, she is wonderful. I know you don't know me, but I would have my child treated by her in a heartbeat. I would definitely start pushing your doctor to get the referral ASAP. The sooner the better to figure out what is going on with sweet Azlan. As you already know he has some things going on that are concerning (bruising, fevers, abnormal bloodwork). I really hope it is nothing and will be thinking of you all. Just wanted you to know that you will be in good hands for the testing.