Saturday, February 03, 2007

Tomorrow we leave...

for Seattle for Azlans surgery. Can someone stop the time for me? Or just slow it down a little bit? This chaper in our lives is about to be forever...history...and I'm sad at the thought. I am going to miss this beautiful smile more than I can say.

I'm trying some positive thinking here...so I'll say what I'm THANKFUL FOR! I'm very thankful we are getting the surgery done and in a country where our medical technology is simply incredible (especially in the cosmetic industry thanks to such a self-centered society....) I know that sounds like a contradiction of thought but its truly not. In all logic I'm so thankful Azlan will be getting this surgery...my heart is just not on the same page. I'm thankful beyond words that he is so healthy!!! Tirzah and Zion seem to have had the never ending flu this winter and Azlan has not had so much as a sniffle!!!! Ear infections? Never had one! I'm so thankful we've never had feeding issues or weight issues...he loves to eat...we've long mastered the Haberman bottle...and he's a chunky lil monkey. VERY thankful for that. I'm so thankful THRUSH seems to be history...I won't say it too loud but we haven't battled it for a while! I'm so thankful that Azlan is still getting 75% breastmilk! This is something I'm extremely proud of myself for that I've 'stuck with it' and here he is almost 5mths old still getting mostly breastmilk. Makes me very happy! (AND HIM...we have to disguise the formula with breastmilk on top or he won't touch it!!!) I'm very thankful he's been into a wonderful schedule now since he was a few wks old and sleeping 12 hours at night...wow...I wish every new mom experienced that!!! Its wonderful. And above all...I'm very thankful that God chose our little family to send this precious gift called Azlan Honor to. He, just like Tirzah and Zion...is a complete miracle and we are blessed.

I love this boy. I will forever remember that wide smile that melted my heart the first time I saw it ... and the pure innocence behind it that doesn't have a clue that he's any different.

Oh...and in a desperate attempt to look at the positive side...this is my last weekend of applying tape to his face. Thats part of my daily routine that will change. Though...I'll miss that too. Someday...I hope we get the opportunity to adopt a child with a cleft lip and palate...we have learned so much through our little journey...and so much about true love.

7 comments:

Beverly said...

Praying for you guys, Janice!

Bev (from BIS)

Anonymous said...

We are thinking about you guys and definetly praying for you!
Sandie and family

Anonymous said...

Dear little Azlan, Nana sends you tons of love and kisses. My heart is so heavy as I think about the days ahead, but I am so thankful that you will receive the care you need, Love to all.xoxoxo

Anne said...

Janice, I'm praying for you, your family and Azlan! I hope everything goes perfectly with his surgery. Stay strong!

Anonymous said...

Prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.
Heather (Brocksmommy) from BIS

Anonymous said...

Hi Janice, I will be thinking about you, Azlan and your family. I will be praying for you. Take care.
Love Aunt Lorraine
xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know I called 100 times! You were out of the room or on the phone. I talked to mom and dad tho.
He looks beautiful!
Love you.