Today is DAY 4 post-op and Azlan is feeling a lot better. He smiles, can be tickled and kicks his little feet to beat the band! He's back! He looks so good, so much of his swelling has gone down. He gets swabbed with Mela-Gel (the most incredible topical ointment ever...that will help with healing etc) many times a day. His nose is still puffy but it seems to look even moreso in pictures than in real life...or maybe its just Mama who sees right past it. He has had his arm restraints taken off a few times today as you can see in these pictures. He never touched his face at all and its good excercise to be able to actually bend his arms.
Tirzah came over to me yesterday when I was feeding him and said "Look Azlans Owie" I said "what happened to Azlan" she said "Azlan saw the doctor" :)
The cranio facial pediatrician called me yesterday discussing the results of the VCUG bladder test. She said since at this time it shows no reflux we will keep an eye on it and any bladder/kidney infections and check again down the road with another kidney ultrasound. We want to stay away from the VCUG as she agreed its quite invasive and uncomfortable for him. We go back to Seattle in 2 wks to get his nasal stint removed and his arm restraints as well.
Hope you all are having a great weekend!
5 comments:
Dear Azlan, Nana cant began to tell you the joy I felt when I saw your picture today, It is so amazing, I can hardly believe the changes that happened in 4 days. God is so good, Our hearts are rejoicing with you as we see the swelling going away and your bright little face coming back, We love you all dearly, Kisses and hugs from Nana for Tirzah and Zion too. XOXO
Hi Jan,
I can see that the smile is soon gonna break big-time!!! He looks like a great little fella & tough enuf' to be a Labradorian!!!!
The little guy is getting more comfortable all the time, so tomorrow after his sleep for 12 hours he'll be even better!!
All the best.....will check in tomorrow...D.V.
Gilbert & Sybil
He's just beautiful!
Earlene
Jan,
What an improvement ! He's got your smile. Great pics of the kids too.
Glad he's doing better and you are all home again.
Paula
Hi,
I've been following your story from the sheknows message board. I live all the way in Morocco (!) and I've always wanted to tell you how much admiration I have for you and your family. Throughout your whole story, what touched me most is when you wrote about when your husband stood up in church and told people that your baby had a cleft palate, that there was only one chance in (I can't remember the number, nine hundred?) that a baby would have a cleft, so you were indeed being blessed with a very special baby. Your positive attitude and gratitude to God is just overwhelming and an example to the rest of us (I'm a muslim and have learned much from you). Thank you.
Post a Comment