On the 4th of July Azlan woke with a bloody ear. His right ear, the one with the 'issues'. I had called his ENT at Seattle Children's and they suggested maybe some trauma to the ear based on symptoms. Things cleared up on its own so we never looked into it further. This morning...July 21...Azlan woke with a seriously bloody ear. The same ear. Way more blood than a few weeks ago. His very tiny ear canal was plugged with blood. Soooo I called Seattle again (LOVE the instant access I have to top professionals...NICE!) This time he wanted to consult with Dr. Perkins, Azlan's Seattle Audiologist. He called me back and said Dr Perkins is wondering if Azlan's ear tubes are perhaps coming out (which would be perfectly ok at this point) and b/c of the very very tiny ear canal in that ear if its causing some problems..and just some 'minor' bleeding. It continued to bleed throughout the day today. Tonight we went swimming and when we got back home there was blood running out of his ear unto his face. Not POURING but enough to come all the way out. I cleaned it up for bed and we'll see what it looks like in the morning. Dr. Perkins does want his ears checked 'in a month' he said...but we are going to Seattle for Craniofacial appts on August 4th so I'll call tomorrow morning to see if we can coordinate an ENT appt as well. Its rather freaky seeing a very bloody ear on your baby!!
A bit off topic...I will have to video Azlan the next time we go swimming! HE IS CRAZY! He has such a funny personality...each one of our children are so different from each other :) he is completely TOTALLY fearless in the water ( and me with all my dreams of one of our children drowning...YIKES!) But tonight he was so funny b/c he would keep putting his head COMPLETELY under water then come up laughing and down he'd go again!!! He'll jump to you from the side of the pool and loves it if he goes under in the process! SO different from Tirzah and Zion who have needed coaching to go under water (Zion still swallows half of the pool every time :). So cute.
And he says his baby sister's name now...her name is Azahria (ah-ZAH-ree-ah) and he calls her "ahria". Its very cute. He often wants to hold her and just touches her face. I cannot believe Azlan is going to be 2 in 2 months!!!! Its a little easier to believe since he already has a baby sister that is 3 months old but its still crazy!!!
Monday, July 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment