We had Azlan's spinal xrays done this wk. yeah--brave mama...I took all 4 kids to Kadlec Hospital to get his xrays done (well thats not a big deal...my life is 4 little kids and I do everything with them) but on the way...I got my first EVER driving ticket. And it was bad...well I won't go into the details but it was bad. I was going 9 miles over the limit (according to him) but my LICENSE was expired...yeah. Ok... I didn't think I would go into the details but NO JOKE...$798 later....yeah...anyway...
So by the time we GET to Kadlec its getting 'late'. Azlan goes down for his nap at about 12 noon and we get there at noon. Everything is going fine except its now Azahria's time to eat (she is on a 3 hr schedule) and as we are checking in, Zion says "mommy, I have to go potty" well he's great about being able to 'hold it'...not today. I said "ok give mama 10 seconds..." and as I'm finishing my statement he says "I can't..." no...a total flood on the floor. Smile. Yeah...smile. What else can I do!? Thankfully he had new shorts on and they literally repelled the pee so he didn't look wet. Ahhh. So we go sit down, I start feeding Azahria...and Zion has to go potty again...so we don't waste any time this time. When I come out a lady says "you were called in" of course I was! la la la la la.....a young guy finally comes out to get us...
We go in to the xray room (which is in the new section of the hospital...I had only been through it in its early stages when Azlan was sick last year...) anyway...I am still feeding Azahria...Tirzah and Zion are standing holding the stroller quietly out of the way....and what OH WHAT was I thinking that Azlan would happily get xrays!?! No...the poor boy must have thought he was going under the knife again by the way he totally freaked out. It was sad and Tirzah and Zion kept saying "mommy they are hurting baby azlan" :) I had to stay out of there too--which was less nice...as he kept screaming "MAMA MAMA MAMA..." ahhh we got them....and headed over to the waiting room while they burned the images onto a CD for me to take to the specialist. While waiting the xray tech came out and gave them all little Kadlec teddy bears for being so well behaved. (funny note, it doesn't take much to make them happy...they all have slept with their teddy bears ever since ! :)
We get home...put Zion and Azlan down for their naps...its now 1:30 or so...great. Azlan's appt was at 3. He naps 3-4.5hrs a day...and I'm giving him a ONE hour nap...? Dean came home at 2:30 to be with the other kids...Azlan went back to sleep in the van -- and I put him in the umbrella stroller, parked at Kadlec (by mistake but it turned out ok as we had to walk a few blocks and he LOVED that).
The new Children's local clinic is FABULOUS. Especially since it saved us a 8 hr trip this time! His doc looked like Albert Einstein and was a very cool older guy. Azlan weighed in a 36 lbs at 22 months. We had his shirt off before the doc came in so he didn't panic about him doing it. He checked out his back...looked at the xrays and then explained:
He said scoliosis patients are basically divided into thirds: 1/3 never change in severity ever. 1/3 sloooooowwwly get worse, and 1/3 rapidly get worse. He said Azlan was in the "slooooooowly get worse" catergory and that its very minor...just a 5 degree change. He does not need a brace or any sort of help at this time and will be rechecked again in a year. So that was it! Great appt, great news! We even went in the hallway and I would throw his blankie down the hallway so he would run for it...b/c we've often thought he runs crooked...The doc thought he "runs like any clumsy 2 yr old" so that was great news too :)
Monday, July 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment