Last wednesday Azlan was playing and I saw a 'red ear' down the hall it was oozing with wet blood! I had had quite enough with the bleeding ear issues...something needing to be looked at here. It continued to ooze blood for about 4 hours. The ER was the most packed I had EVER EVER seen it. I asked the registration nurse how long I had she looked at me and said "FOREVER" so I said I would have to leave and go to another ER--I had small children at home and couldn't be here all night. She said the hosptial was full and 14 rooms of the ER's rooms were patients waiting to be admitted but there was no room for them so they were basically rotating between 2 or 3 rooms!!! Would have been fair to come out and TELL everyone that...but she put me on a fasttrack room...I was put in immediately and was home in an hour!!! The doctor--whom I strongly dislike (the same one we had back with all Azlan's white blood count issues 15mths ago...) said "its a doozy of an ear infection here's an antiobiotic". sigh...
On the way home I called the ENT in Seattle who said "I still don't think its an infection--and if it was we still don't like giving oral antibiotics for that...we'd rather give ear drop antiobiotics"...but recommending we have him checked at our Seattle appt on August 4th.
Tuesday, August 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment