Sunday, July 12, 2009

Spokane

So I called the Cleft Team in Spokane and told them Azlan's story. She was so shocked and cannot wait to get his charts to see what they've been recording all along. Interestingly enough she scheduled his swallow test before he even sees the cleft team (in September)...yet Seattle does not see the need for that test....

So I have to call and set up specific appointments for hearing, swallow and other tests. Hopefully in the near future.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm just catching up on all of this... I cannot believe that happened at Seattle Children's!!! I'm horrified. It sure sounds like they pushed Azlan under the rug and dismissed your concerns. I just hope that the team in Spokane does a better job! I hope the doctors you saw at Children's weren't the same ones we see! : (

I'll have to see what Aidan's like after surgery... but he has excessive drooling too! Everyone always says, "Oh, he must be teething." Well, he's not teething 24/7!!

Ok, I'm gonna go back a little further and catch up... I think I read something about you adopting??? : ) Yay!!

Janice said...

Heather...me too. :( Who do you see at Childrens? You know I addressed Azlan's drooling wayyyyyy back and they kept saying teething :( It was never teething and it never stopped.

Yes we are in the process of adopting twin boys from Africa.

:)