Tuesday, June 23, 2009
oh and re: swallow test...
I forgot to mention the swallow test part. I wasn't very happy after all our troubles with swallowing back in the day...to find out there is a simple test to see whats happening. Yes it exposes him to radiation, I'm not asking for the test to be done weekly!! When I pushed this matter, his doctor said "I won't give it to him until we meet with a food specialist to see if there are other avenues we can take first." She then looked at me and saaid "have you tried pureeing his food? That may help with the choking." wait. Pause. Are you KIDDING ME?!? Sure. Great plan. Lets start feeding our 37lb 3 year old, totally on target-developmentally, boy...baby food. Yes. Why did I not think of that. It was again, Miss Betsy, our speech therapist, who said "why in the world has a child who was born with a severe cleft lip and palate and hemifacial microsomia NEVER HAD A SWALLOW TEST PERFORMED!?" good question.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Drew is having one done on July 9 b/c he is still having some issues with choking while eating, although not near as often as he use to! I hope you are able to get things worked out for sweet Azlan!!
Post a Comment