Friday, May 15, 2009

Exciting update for Azlan!

After basically having a month away from speech therapy for conflicting schedules, we had speech Thursday morning. She got emotional when she asked Azlan to stick his tongue out and put it from side to side...and he DID IT!!!!!!!!!! She was overwhelmed! Couldn't believe the drastic change from when she started just a few months ago he could not move his tongue side to side at all. It was touching to see her tear up. Why do we have such great people in our lives? I'm so touched by all these wonderful people that we're becoming friends with along the way. Miss Betsy is his speech therapist and we love Miss Cathy who we meet with once a month.

Azlan's really advancing well. He's now drawing delay of his end consonants much closer together...going from "Daaaaa" to Daaaa --- UDDD" to "Daa'-udd" to now Da-ud almost without delay which is improvement much faster than we anticipated. Its very cute to see how Tirzah and Zion listen closely to him and try to interpret for everyone. They are usually accurate too :)

Have I said lately how much I love this little boy? I am so blessed. I love love love these children. We are so incredibly blessed. Somedays I still cannot believe I'm a mama...let alone one to 4 beautiful little children. This was my childhood dream...just wanted to be a mama ;)

1 comment:

C.Thompson said...

That is so incredibly awesome. I'm so happy for Azlan!!