Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Update

So Azlan has now been with his new speech therapist for several weeks--we have seen a dramatic improvement in his drool, he swallows more, constantly is wiping his face and is just overall aware of the drool more. We've never seen him wipe his face until now. Incredible. We LOVE his speech therapist and he adores her!!!

Ok on another note--why am I so not ready to potty train him!? He basically trained himself in a day a few months ago...it was awesome!!! And for 3 days we were set. Then I got busy...and I would be stepping over spills...could not handle that LOL so once I resorted back to diapers...well...he got comfy again. Ok--so I don't want to start til I'm ready to commit and I'm not there. He's as happy as a clam though! I do put him on the potty in the morning and right after nap and at bedtime and every time he goes. He's sooooo ready. :)

We are in the middle of finally doing landscaping...do you know how exciting that is for us!?! For 20 mths we lived in a 3rd floor apartment ( a nice one but still...) and now we finally are in our house...with a sand pit for a back yard. Not a nice sand pit either...its full of these horrid thorns we call 'goat heads'. yeah. several screams a day as we pull goat heads out of feet. Sooo we have our underground sprinkler system in, the curbing contractor has been here and should start next wk. Then the grass. SO EXCITING!!!

While I'm updating on everything else I have to share our SUPER exciting news!!!! No I'm not pregnant--why is that the first thing that comes to your mind...? ;) We are adopting!!!! We are estatic. We are in the process of adopting twins from Africa!!! This is such a "God - story" I couldn't have dreamed it better. While early in the process, it should go fairly quickly as we are going independently without an agency. We would love your prayers for this -- that it continues to go smoothly and we get our little BOYS home soon!!! They are 4.5 years old, orphaned at 5.5mths. Our children ask about "our black boys from Africa" DAILY. They always want to know how soon they will be home :)

I know I need to post more pictures...right now I cannot find my camera. AHHHH. And Miss Azahria Peace turned 1 a few days ago!! Where is all my time going??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are always in our prayers!! I am so excited for you!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Janice! That is so exciting! I can't wait to hear more about your new sons!