Friday, August 03, 2007
At least it was quick.
Dean was home very sick today...so while Tirzah and Zion napped we thought I should go into the ER with Azlan for an IV. He is just not eating enough and is only going through 2 diapers every 24hrs..that are barely wet. The doctor came in immediately following me down the hallway...wow...thats a first for ER! He was very nice also saying he would call our surgeon in Seattle and talk with him about Azlan. They hooked him up to IV...or should I say "TRIED" to :( It was a-w-f-u-l :( Horrible. They tried three HORRIFIC times, having to hold him down, swaddled up...it was awful. They could not even see a vein...why did they try?? Then the called up to NICU and got a NICU nurse to come down. She got one in right aways though it was in a very awkward spot on his foot. Then there was the blood draw :( once again...awful. Took two times...so all of this took about 1.5hrs and we were finally hooked up. Azlan fell asleep in my arms immediately and I laid down in the bed with him and we both slept. The doctor came back and woke me up to say we were done. He spoke with Dr. Gruss in Children's and he (Dr.Gruss) wants me to call him Monday morning to update him even if things are good. He said if things still have not improved he will want to see us in Seattle Monday or Tuesday. If his eating does not improve before then, he wants me back in the ER for more IV fluids. ugh. Today was awful...my head hurts from helplessly standing there trying to comfort a strapped down, confused, screaming in pain baby :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Janice,I really feel for the little man and you and Dean,,you all have been thru sooo much...even the two other angels,,...how are they doing??..our thoughts are with you,and we luv you all very much....luvs and hugs A.Deb and uncle kelly xxxxxooooo
Janice.. I've been checking for updates but you're not posting.. hope this isn't bad news. Just want to let you know I think about you every day! Susanne
Post a Comment