Friday, May 11, 2007

It's scheduled!

Azlan's surgery is scheduled! And a lot earlier than I thought! (this is his palate surgery) Its July 24th. I think I have the date right its a Tuesday. His preop appts are on Monday, surgery Tuesday. I want to try and get a picture inside his mouth so we can show you before and after. Its a little difficult :)

Here's some pics from last night and this morning.

At his physical therapy appt last wk they said he no longer has "torticolous" (DON"T HAVE A CLUE HOW ITS SPELT!) but his muscles seem fine so the excercises worked! I spoke to his nurse in Seattle and she said the doctor does have a name for his 'syndrome' but she calls it "cleft lip plus" meaning there are a number of other 'anomolies' associated with it. So far his ear, his kidney and his spine. Possibly his head shape as well. His head goes lopsided on that side ... they originally thought it was from sleeping on that side but theres no flat spot. It seems like its just the whole shape of his skull is 'off'. You know what though? You couldn't get a more beautiful little boy. Nope. He's perfect.





4 comments:

Beverly said...

Janice he is SO handsome!! That smile just warms my heart!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Janice, I can't believe how big he's getting, and I agree, he's beautiful, perfectly adorable!! Malachi had torticollis too,thankfully it was short lived as well :)

Shannon(aka 4Flowers)

PS. I've tried several times today to send you an email, but I keep getting a delivery status failure notification, I'll try again tomorrow(you can delete this if you don't want it on here,I just wanted you to know I wasn't forgetting about you :) )

Anonymous said...

He's beautiful Janice! He looks like such a happy little fellow too! ~Earlene

Anonymous said...

HEY LITTLE AZLAN YOU ARE GETTING CUTER EVERY DAY, WISH YOU WERE CLOSER, GRANDMA MISSES YOU ALL,HATE TO THINK OF MORE SURGERY BUT ITS ALL FOR GOOD.... LOTS AND LOTS OF LOVE.