Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Just not settled...

So the good news about this is my mama's intuition is generally pretty 'off'...and this time I'm getting some measure of peace about that. I just don't feel 'right' about Azlan. Ok so he had several days of a very high fever...bloodwork revealed a definate infection with elevated white blood cell count...and no source of infection was found. They did do a blood culture b/c they suspected a blood bacterial infection...and said they would be calling me if it was positive. I received NO phone call.

While in the hospital I mentioned several times that I was nervous about Azlan's coloring. He looked extremely yellow to me but in all the hussle of many tests being done it never really got addressed. My concerns WERE mentioned to the doctor but I never heard more about it.

Also there were marks on each of Azlan's ankles while in the hospital...I remember thinking "thats weird, maybe its from the socks he was wearing a few days ago"...I think he wore socks to church or something, nothing extreme. I don't recall them being tight I only faintly remember him even wearing socks.

THis is now all 1wk and 2 days ago. The marks on his ankles are still there, every bit as dark. He's way too yellow for my comfort. Yes the fever is gone, he seems to be feeling fine (he seemed fine a wk ago). I'm just feeling really unsettled.

So I've made an appt at a new pediatrician's office (we're ready for a doc change)...and we'll be requesting a slew of bloodwork to make sure everything is fine and normal...if nothing else...it will put our minds at ease.

ok...I just need to take a deeeeeeeeeeeep breath. Praying my mother's intuition is wayyy off at least one more time.

4 comments:

Beverly said...

Praying ... HARD. Keep us updated. {{{{HUGS}}}}

Anonymous said...

Janice, I will be praying for sweet Azlan, I think you are doing the right thing, hun. Definately sounds like something is up. If nothing else it will ease your mind.

Shannon(aka 4 Flowers)

Anonymous said...

And so, after he had patiently endured,he obtained the promise ..... for it is impossible for God to lie
Heb 6:15-18

Anonymous said...

Janice, I am praying for you and Azlan. You are so strong.
Heather (Brocksmommy - BIS)