Sunday, April 06, 2008

Pay It Forward

When we found out Azlan had a cleft lip and palate at 19wks~one of my good friends, Sandie, hooked me up with another mother as a personal resource. I LOVED talking to her and following her precious little boy's (Noah) journey! It was such an incredible thing to be able to follow someone's personal journey that I knew I was about to embark on myself.

I am so excited to be able to help other people that are now starting to face the same news. Recently I was put into touch with 2 moms that are expecting babies with a cleft lip and palate. I'm just so excited to hopefully be of some help to families starting the same journey that we did just 18months ago.

In Azlan news--he is doing great!!! Perfectly healthy and loving the warm weather and all the playgrounds we've been visiting! Last night they were over a friends house with Daddy and when I met them there the playroom was a disaster so we were doing 'clean up' and Tirzah and Zion always sing the Barney "clean up" song as they clean. Well Azlan was going around the room singing "CLEAN UP CLEAN UP" the intonation was perfect for the song, too funny!! His hearing test is this coming Friday, with preop appts on Thursday--Looking forward to that. :)

No comments: